What We've Done
- Led successful turnaround and sale of a multi-disciplinary, multi-clinic behavioral health company. Increased gross margin of most significant line of business by 11% by identifying the root cause of underperformance and working hand-in-hand with the client’s leadership team to resolve. Renegotiated contract with 3rd party billing company, achieving $250k of annual cost savings and dramatic service improvement. Worked closely with investment bankers and COO to complete sell-side due diligence.
- Served as the CFO of a private equity-backed healthcare services organization. Restored investor and lender confidence in reported by identifying and correcting material errors in previously-released financial reports. Created a framework for analyzing and accurately recording revenue and cost of sales. Built processes to reduce credit risk and improve cash flow.
- Transformed financial operations of a rapidly-growing managed IT services company. Reorganized finance and office services / HR teams to ensure greater responsiveness and allow for employee growth and development. Led reengineering of all financial processes and reduced month-end close cycle by more than 50%. Transitioned cash basis financials from a series of stand-alone spreadsheets to GAAP basis statements derived directly from the accounting system. Drove evaluation and selection of cloud-based ERP system.
- Significantly reduced time required to complete and deliver financial reports to senior management of a $110M food manufacturer that had recently been acquired by a private equity firm. Established integrated process for evaluating, controlling, and accounting for maintenance parts and expiry raw material, WIP, and finished goods inventories. Drove profitability analysis and pricing strategy to improve operating margins and alignment with strategic objectives. Recommended restructuring finance team to increase accountability and improve financial results.
- Led the implementation of a cloud-based ERP with feeds to Salesforce and proprietary database for a global B2B music licensing company. Successfully negotiated with vendor to receive $30k discount and extended payment terms for client.
- Turned around a national event production company and led financial restructuring into two unrelated entities. Restored lender confidence by developing and managing against a rolling 26-week cash forecast. Reduced close cycle by 80% and payroll costs by 45% by eliminating non-value added tasks, realigning roles and responsibilities, and streamlining workflows.
- Markedly improved the accounting operations and financial reporting of a fast-growing consumer packaged goods company. Identified cause of excessive customer charge-backs and led team in deploying technology-based solution to avoid future chargebacks, resulting in $50k annual savings. Recruited and hired permanent Controller.